Indiana Online offers supplemental online courses in partnership with over 300 high schools statewide. All courses are designed to meet the Indiana State Standards, are accredited by Cognia (formerly AdvancED), and approved by the NCAA. Our Advanced Placement courses have also been approved by the College Board. All courses that Indiana Online offers are developed and taught by Indiana licensed teachers, each teaching within his or her content area.
Indiana Online is a department of the Central Indiana Educational Service Center (CIESC), an organization committed to providing high-quality, innovative programs and exceptional service to improve student achievement and create efficiencies for members.
Indiana Online helps learners achieve their educational goals in an online environment that uses innovative technologies that engage students and provide proactive learning opportunities.
We believe in:
- infusing current digital learning skills for each student in all Indiana Online classes.
- providing academic challenges for each student.
- using a variety of teaching strategies to motivate each student to successfully master standards.
- giving each student an equal opportunity to learn.
- assisting each student to assume responsibility for personalized learning.
- providing each student with highly qualified, licensed teachers for every course.
- providing a high-tech environment with the means for frequent, personalized contact between the teacher and each student.
We All Start Somewhere
The Central Indiana Educational Service Center (CIESC) acquired Indiana Online in the fall of 2005 and now offers over 160 high school Core 40, Advanced Placement and Dual Credit courses. Indiana Online continues to fulfill the mission of public education by becoming a statewide leader that presents learners with opportunities to succeed at every corner. Our courses are developed by Indiana teachers who are subject matter experts in their discipline. Our core courses have been approved for eligibility by the NCAA, our Advanced Placement courses are approved by the College Board. Through a unique partnership with Ivy Tech Community College and Trine University, we offer 15 dual credit courses. In June 2009, March 2014, and June 2019 Indiana Online was granted accreditation from the AdvanceED Accreditation Commission now Cognia.
Meet Our Partners
Indiana Online is proud to partner with the following organizations to help make our program one of the national leaders in online education.