Current Open Positions
- Program Specialist
- Instructional Specialist
- Academy Part-time Certified Teacher
- Academy Full-time Math & Science Teacher
Ideal Qualifications for an Indiana Online Teacher
- Holds a valid Indiana Teaching License for the Indiana Online course assignment
- Engaged in the field of education in Indiana
- Dual Credit Requirement: Credentialed through Indiana Online dual credit partner
- Actively teaching the course in the appropriate Indiana school setting for the position
- A minimum of 3 years teaching experience
- Prior online teaching experience
- Canvas and SIS experience
- AP Consideration
- Currently teaching AP
- Continuous learning via conferences, AP specific workshops, etc.
- Proof of pass rate success
- Proof of highly effective status in the course
Hiring Process for Indiana Online Teachers
Indiana Online follows a three step hiring process for all interested candidates. Potential candidates will progress through the hiring process in one of three cohorts*:
Step 1: All interested candidates must complete the Indiana Online employment application and provide a copy of the candidate’s valid Indiana teaching license, current employment, references, resume’ and letter of interest.
Upon review of the candidate’s application or interview, Indiana Online may choose to move a candidate onto step 2 in the hiring process.
Step 2: The candidate will be asked to complete Indiana Online’s Effective Online Teaching Course. The asynchronous training course is designed to introduce candidates to online teaching practices and pedagogy and to gauge a candidate’s experience and knowledge of working in an online environment.
Upon completion of the Effective Online Teaching course, Indiana Online may choose to move a candidate onto step 3 in the hiring process.
Step 3: The candidate will be asked to complete a final performance based demonstration of online teaching using the Indiana Online learning management platform.
Upon completion of the performance based demonstration and review by Indiana Online administration, the candidate may be placed in a hiring queue to utilize if an open position becomes available.
All new employees will be required to attend a New Hire Orientation, as well as review and sign off on the Indiana Online Certified Employee Handbook. Note, summer school teachers will also be required to attend the Summer Kickoff meeting and meet with their Lead Teacher.
Completion of all three steps does not secure a position. Indiana Online cannot guarantee employment, as enrollment can vary year-to-year. If you are not selected for a teaching position, we will keep your application on file for one year.
- Applications received November 1st – January 31st and accepted will be placed in a February cohort
- Applications received from February 1st – July 31st and accepted will be placed in an August cohort
- Applications received from August 1st – October 31st and accepted will be placed in an November cohort